ADDITIONAL BROKER LICENSING INFORMATION
We are often asked, “Which 90 Hour Broker License Course is better for me?” The Broker License Online Course is working with an online program (blend of video presentation, read through, and quizzes/sample exams) at your pace whenever and wherever. The Broker License Hybrid Class is attending scheduled classes for 6 weeks. We go through the material in class then you complete your studies online with quizzes and sample exams. So the question should be, “Which way do You learn best?” Only you can answer that. Choose what works best for you.
- Full Hybrid Class attendance is required and verified. The classes are held live at the Sure Win Rosemont/Des Plaines office and webcast to multiple locations and students. For those attending class by webcast, the link with instructions on how to attend are in the class reminder email. You can use the same link for all the classes. Webcast class attendance requires connecting up on an electronic device through a browser that you can use to participate in the class. You need to be able to register your name plus submit comments and answers questions. You CANNOT connect up by phone audio only. You are required to participate for the entire class by submitting comments and answering questions. You will not get credit for attending if you lack participation for any extended periods of time or for the entire class. You CANNOT miss any class time. If you do miss class time, you must complete that class over again to get credit. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Complete the entire online coursework and all the classes (if applicable) to complete your education requirements. A school final exam is optional ONLY FOR the 90 hour Broker Hybrid Class course taken after 1/1/2019 and the new Sure Win 90-hour Broker Online course newly started after 8/1/2018. All previous Broker License coursework (Hybrid Class and Self-Study) require school final exams. Go here for Exam Information. Once completed and reported to the State, you can schedule your Broker License state exam.
- All coursework must be completed within 9 months from registration. We provide an additional 3 month extension for $75 or a 9 month extension for $200. After one extension, or to redo the coursework at any point in the future, you will need to pay a reinstatement fee of $275. Reinstatement requires you to complete the education coursework from the beginning and includes a new text book if necessary.
After Completing the Sure Win Coursework
- The real estate state exam is administered by a PSI/AMP. You will schedule with them to take the state exam(s) once your course completions have been reported. Upon payment of all fees and successful completion of ALL the required coursework, class time, and exams (whichever are applicable) it will be reported provided you have registered and emailed your student ID# to us. To register for a student ID# go to PSI Student ID Registration. Once issued, email your assigned student ID# to Support@SureWinCE.com. Once we report it takes 1 to 2 business days to process through their system before you can schedule. The current cost to take the exam is $55. You can view/download a PSI Illinois Candidate Handbook here or an e-version is online with the coursework.
- Upon payment of all fees and successful completion of ALL the required coursework, class time, and exams (whichever are applicable), a printed transcript will be provided to you in-person or mailed. Keep this as you will need it when you apply for your license after passing the state exam. You do NOT need it to schedule or take the state exam. Do not lose it. Replacement transcripts cost $15.
- Upon payment of all fees and successful completion of ALL the required coursework, class time, and exams (whichever are applicable), you will receive a license key to access the full classic version with videos of an exam prep online program from ExamSmart FREE (regularly $59) to further help you in preparing for the State exam.
State Exam and Moving Forward
- The state exam consists of 2 tests; National Topics and State Specific Topics. The national topics test is 100 multiple choice questions. The state topics test is 40 multiple choice questions. You take them together but they are graded separately. You need to pass each test with a score of 75% or better. You have 4 years after completing the education and 4 tries to pass tests. If you pass one test and not the other, you only need to retake the one you failed again. If you fail either or both tests 4 times, you need to complete the 90 hour education over again to get 4 more tries at passing the state exam.
- Once you pass the state exam, you will receive a pass report, not a license. Within 1 year of passing the exam, you need to associate yourself with/join a real estate brokerage company (called “Sponsoring Brokers” of which you are sponsored by) and apply for your new Brokers License. The Sponsor Broker you choose will help you with this. The cost for the license application is $125 plus $25 for a sponsor card.
- For the school policies, go to Sure Win School Policies.
- For additional questions or help, send an email to Support@SureWinCE.com or call 888-844-7515
View Student Comments
Go to Broker Licensing Page