ADDITIONAL BROKER LICENSING INFORMATION
We are often asked, “Which Broker License Course is better for me?” The Broker License Online Course is working with an online program (blend of video presentation, read through, and quizzes/sample exams) at your pace whenever and wherever. The Broker License Hybrid Class is attending scheduled classes for 5 weeks as we go through the material in class then you complete your studies online with quizzes and sample exams. So the question should be, “Which way do You learn best?” Only you can answer that. Choose what works best for you.
- Full Hybrid Class attendance is required and verified. The classes are held live at the Sure Win Rosemont/Des Plaines office and webcast to multiple locations and students.
- For those attending class by webcast, the link with instructions on how to attend are in the class reminder email. You can use the same link for all the classes.
- Webcast class attendance requires connecting up on an electronic device through a browser that you can use to participate in the class. You need to be able to register your name plus submit comments and answers questions.
- You CANNOT connect up by phone audio only. You will not get credit for attending if you lack participation for any extended periods of time or for the entire class.
- Miss class time and you need to make it up. Miss to much class time and you will be required to do all the classes over again. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All coursework must be completed within 9 months from registration.
- We provide an additional 3 month extension for $75.
- After one extension, or to redo the coursework at any point in the future, you will need to pay a reinstatement fee of $275. Reinstatement requires you to complete the education coursework from the beginning and includes a new text book if necessary.
AFTER COMPLETING THE SURE WIN COURSE(S)
- The real estate state exam is administered by a PSI/AMP. You will schedule with them to take the state exam(s) once your course completions have been reported.
- Sure Win will report your completions upon payment of all fees and successful completion of ALL the required coursework, class time, exams (whichever are applicable), and you have emailed Sure Win your student ID#.
- To register for a student ID# go to PSI Student ID Registration. Once issued, email your assigned student ID# to Support@SureWinCE.com.
- Once Sure Win reports, it takes 1 to 2 business days to process through their system before you can schedule.
- The current cost to take the exam is $55.
- You can view/download a PSI Illinois Candidate Handbook here or an e-version is online in the coursework.
- Upon payment of all fees and successful completion of ALL the required coursework, class time, and exams (whichever are applicable), a school transcript will be provided to you by email.
- Keep this as you will need it when you apply for your license after passing the state exam.
- You do NOT need it to schedule or take the state exam.
- Upon payment of all fees and successful completion of ALL the required coursework, class time, and exams (whichever are applicable), students who have completed all of the Broker Licensing coursework needed to take the state exam with Sure Win receive a license key to access the full classic version with videos of the exam prep online program from ExamSmart, FREE (regularly $59) to further help you prepare for the State exam.
STATE EXAM AND MOVING FORWARD
- The state exam consists of 2 tests; National Topics and State Specific Topics.
- The national topics test is 100 multiple choice questions.
- The state topics test is 40 multiple choice questions.
- You take the national exam first then the state exam.
- You need to pass each test with a score of 75% or better.
- You have 2 years after completing the education and 4 tries to pass tests.
- If you pass one test and not the other, you only need to retake the one you failed again.
- If you fail either or both tests 4 times, you need to complete the Broker License education over again to get 4 more tries at passing the state exam.
- Once you pass the state exam, you will receive a pass report, not a license.
- Within 1 year of passing the exam, you need to associate yourself with/join a real estate brokerage company (called “Sponsoring Brokers” of which you are sponsored by) and apply for your new Brokers License. The Sponsor Broker you choose will help you with this.
- The cost for the license application is $125 plus $25 for a sponsor card.
Go to Broker Licensing Page