ILLINOIS MANAGING BROKER CONTINUING EDUCATION
MANAGING BROKER CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
EXISTING MANAGING BROKERS
- All Managing Brokers need 24 HOURS OF CE, the 12 HOUR BMCE (Broker Management CE) plus 12 HOURS OF CORE & ELECTIVE CE courses for renewal. This includes NEW Managing Brokers for their first renewal who did the 45-hour Managing Broker License course before 5/1/2019.
NEW MANAGING BROKERS
- If this is the first renewal of your Managing Broker License AND you completed the 45-hour Managing Broker License course after 4/30/2019, you need 12 HOURS OF CORE & ELECTIVE CE courses for renewal.
- NOTE: Even if this is the 1st renewal of your Managing Broker License, if you completed the 45-hour Managing Broker License course before 5/1/2019, you must complete 24 HOURS OF CE, the 12 HOUR BMCE (Broker Management CE) plus 12 HOURS OF CORE & ELECTIVE CE courses for renewal.
SURE WIN CONTINUING EDUCATION
SURE WIN STATE-APPROVED CE COURSES
- BROKER MANAGEMENT CE (BMCE): NOTE: The BMCE course can now be completed in class (in-person or live webinar/webcast) OR through an online coursework program. Advanced learning and interactive course for all managing broker licensees for the creation, implementation, and practical application of office policies required to operate and manage an office so that those associated with the brokerage know what is acceptable, appropriate, and required. Illinois approved 12-hour mandatory – #564.002991, #564.003341.
- 4-HOUR CORE CE: NOTE: IDFPR-Division of Real Estate requires that this course can only be done in class OR through an online coursework program. NO self-study and proctored test allowed. Mandatory 4 hour core continuing education course covering the legal requirements and details of license law, agency, brokerage agreements and disclosures, escrow, fair housing, and advertising. Illinois approved 4-hour mandatory – #564.003201, #564.003202.
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION & PROPERTY DISCLOSURES: NOTE: IDFPR requires that this course can only be done in class OR through an online coursework program. NO self-study and proctored test allowed. 2-hour Elective. We start with understanding of what Sexual Harassment in the workplace is then discuss what you should do if harassed, including how to report it and being protected from repercussions of stepping forward. Then we look at the reasons for the property disclosures, along with the safety, environmental, and health issues of what needs to be disclosed. Illinois approved 2-Hour elective – #564.003283, #564.003284.
- The Sexual Harassment Prevention & Property Disclosure course satisfies the IDFPR Sexual Harassment Prevention Training requirement for renewal.
- THE NAR ETHICS: Review of the articles that make up the NAR Code of Ethics while relating them to the current laws and real world practice. Illinois approved 3-hour elective – #564.002993, #564.003061.
- The NAR Ethics course meets the learning objectives and can be used for the NAR triennial ethics requirement. The current triennial period to complete the course is 1/1/2019 to 12/31/2021.
- TAXES IN REAL ESTATE: In depth look at the taxes that affect ownership of principal residences and investment property including property taxes, capital gains taxes, income taxes, plus strategies for tax deferment and avoidance including 1031 tax free exchanges. Illinois approved 3-hour elective – #564.003110, #564.003112.