LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION
- For information about your license, or anyone else’s license go to IDFPR License Lookup.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY AND RENEW YOUR LICENSE WITH THE IDFPR. The IDFPR emails notices when the system is open for license renewals (the 90 days prior the expiration date).
- You have to be sponsored to renew your license. If you are not sponsored, get sponsored and renew your license at the same time otherwise there will be a delay in processing the renewal.
- Certificates and transcripts are NOT needed to renew.
- You DO NOT send them in with your renewal.
- You DO NOT need the course completions to be reported to renew. The State does not verify this when you renew.
- The state does audit at a later date to find those who lied on their renewal and did not complete some or all of their education requirements.
- When the state audits the renewal, anyone who DID NOT complete their education requirements by the renewal date (some or all) will be required to complete it and pay a $500 fine.
- Your education completions are reported to the State of Illinois (IDFPR) and NOT to anyone else.
- All schools have until the 15th of the following month after the completion month to report the completion.
- If you search the IDFPR CE Lookup and it is not there before 15th of the following month of when it was completed, check back after the 15th for verification.
- If it is after the 15th of the month following the completion and not there, contact the school.
- Once a license is renewed, the CE completions automatically go into history file. Click on “Show History” in the upper right hand corner of page to see them.
- The State DOES NOT mail printed licenses.
- A number of days after you renew, you will receive an email from the IDFPR with instructions on how to Download/Print Your License.
- You must get the original license to your Sponsoring Broker and print and/or carry an electronic copy of the license with you.
- Renew by 4/30 otherwise on 5/1 it will cost $50 more.
- DO NOT renew if you have NOT completed your education requirement. Late renewal is $50, getting audited and even if you finish it a couple days late is a fine of $500.
- DO NOT conduct licensed activities if you do not renew. You can be disciplined for unlicensed practice.
- If you miss the 4/30 renewal deadline, do not worry. You have up to 5 years to reinstate/restore your license. To reinstate or restore an expired license requires completion of education courses, paying all the missed renewal fees, and a $50 reinstatement fee.
- The education requirements are:
- A license that is expired for more than 5 years CANNOT be reinstated or restored. To get a license again you need to start from the beginning as if you never had a license before with Broker Licensing
Return to the Broker Post-Licensing Page
Return to the Broker Continuing Education Page
Return to the Managing Broker Continuing Education Page