ILLINOIS CONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION
SURE WIN CE Courses
- CORE A: FAIR HOUSING, AGENCY, LICENSE LAW & ESCROW: State required outline of Federal, State, and Local laws affecting Fair Housing plus a review of specific issues from the Real Estate License Act. Illinois approved 3 hour mandatory – #564.002321.
- CORE B: LEGAL ISSUES – DISCLOSURES: Mandatory topics of license, advertising, and property disclosures plus the practical application and usage of the current agency disclosures. Illinois approved 3 hour mandatory – #564.002331.
- NAR ETHICS: Review of the articles that make up the NAR Code of Ethics while relating them to the current laws and real world practice. The course meets the learning objectives and can be used for the NAR biennial ethics requirement. Illinois approved 3 hour elective – #564.001700.
- REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL AND FINANCE: Basic course covering finance with the current Conventional, FHA and VA financing options, along with default, foreclosures, credit and tax implication information. Also includes an understanding of the process, steps, and information that an appraiser uses to prepare an appraisal. Illinois approved 3 hour elective – #564.002338.
- BROKER MANAGEMENT CE (BMCE): Advanced learning and interactive course for all managing broker licensees for the creation, implementation, and practical application of office policies required to operate and manage an office so that those associated with the brokerage know what is acceptable, appropriate, and required. Self-study and Online Distant Education are NOT allowed for this course. You must attend a class either in-person or by live webcast. Illinois approved 12 hour mandatory – #564.002105.
- Order the Sure Win courses at anytime, the coursework and/or exams must be completed by and expire on the following May 1st each year. Once they expire, you must repurchase the course(s) to continue.
- The continuing education required for your license renewal can be completed at any time from May 1st the day after your previous expiration to April 30th the day of the current expiration.
- You cannot take the same license numbered CE course twice in a renewal period for credit. You can take the same course in subsequent renewals for credit.
- CE credits do not roll over, so if you do more than required for any renewal period you CANNOT use them for future renewals.
Printed Course Books
- If you ordered printed books, they will be mailed first class within two business days.
- Printed books are provided at all in-person classes.
- Printed books are available for pickup at the Sure Win Rosemont/Des Plaines office, Monday through Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
- Printed books are available before or at the end of all in-person classes on the day and at the location of the class.
- If you order “I WILL SCHEDULE LATER” or to “RE-SCHEDULE CLASS”, when ready, return to the ordering page with the class schedule, pick the class(es) to attend, and send an email to Support@SureWinCE.com with your choice(s). We will provide you with email confirmation(s).
- SURE WIN allows for one (1) FREE rescheduling of each class. Rescheduling of a class a 2nd time costs $25.
- Two (2) business days and two (2) hours before a class, all registered students will receive a reminder email. If you do not get this email the day before the class, send an email to Support@SureWinCE.com so we can verify your email and resend it. You will receive a separate email for EACH & EVERY class that you register for. NOTE: Outlook and similar program users – if an email ends up in your actual email spam/junk folder, it will not download to Outlook or a similar program. If you do not receive it in these programs, log into your actual email account and check your spam/junk folder.
- For those attending a class by webcast, the link with instructions on how to attend are in the initial email, class reminder emails and the class schedule or reschedule emails. You can use the same link for all the classes you will attend. Webcast class attendance requires connecting up on an electronic device through a browser that you can use to participate in the class by registering in your name plus being able to submit comments and answers to questions. You CANNOT connect up by phone audio only. You are required to participate for the entire class by submitting comments and answering questions. You will not get credit for attending if you lack participation for any extended periods of time or the entire class. You CANNOT miss any class time. If you do, you will be dropped from the class and must complete the class over again to get credit. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- You cannot do more than 6 hours of classes in any day.
- NO FINAL EXAMS are required for Online Distant Education courses (online coursework that tracks completions).
- Complete the Online Coursework by reading through the course materials and answering questions along the way.
- The courses are divided into lessons that are 10 to 20 minutes each.
- You can do lessons of a course all at one time or at different times.
- Finish all the lessons for a course and you are done. You will receive a Certificate of Completion for that course. You will receive a separate certificate of completion for each course completed.
- NO FINAL EXAMS are required for full-verified attendance of a class, in-person or by live webcast. The Sure Win Continuing Education classes (Core, Elective, and Broker Management) are held live at locations throughout Chicagoland and webcast so you can attend from anywhere.
- Final Exams ARE REQUIRED for Correspondence/Self-study Core & Elective CE where you will study the course materials on your own (books, eBooks, video’s, sample exams, etc.). Each 3-hour core or elective CE course requires passing a 25 question, closed book, true/false exam. Passing is 70% or better. The state allows for 1 free retake within 30 days for a failed exam. Failing twice requires repurchasing that course to complete it. To take the exams, you need to provide a current photo I.D. These are the options for taking them:
After Completing the Sure Win Coursework
- Upon successful completion of your coursework, classes, and exam (whichever are applicable), you will receive a Certificate of Completion by email. You will receive one for each course so make sure that you get all of them. They are your official notification of completion in case you get audited. If you do not receive them send an email to Support@SureWinCE.com so we can verify your email address and resend.
- The certificates are for your records. You DO NOT send them in for/with your renewal. They ARE NOT required to renew. Once you have completed all your CE, do your License Renewal.
- Upon payment of all fees and successful completion of all the coursework, class time, and exams (whichever are applicable), Sure Win reports your Continuing Education completion(s) to the IDFPR by the 15th of the following month.