ILLINOIS CONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION
SURE WIN CE COURSES
- 4-HOUR CORE CE: Mandatory 4 hour core continuing education course covering the legal requirements and details of license law, agency, brokerage agreements and disclosures, escrow, fair housing, and advertising. Illinois approved 4-hour mandatory – #564.003201, #564.003202.
- The 4-Hour Core CE course can ONLY be done through online program or class. This course CANNOT be done home-study and test out.
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION & PROPERTY DISCLOSURES: 2-hour Elective. We start with understanding of what Sexual Harassment in the workplace is then discuss what you should do if harassed, including how to report it and being protected from repercussions of stepping forward. Then we look at the reasons for the property disclosures, along with the safety, environmental, and health issues of what needs to be disclosed. Illinois approved 2-Hour elective – #564.003283, #564.003284.
- The Sexual Harassment Prevention & Property Disclosure course can ONLY be done through online program or class to satisfy the 1-hour Sexual Harassment Prevention Training required by the IDFPR for renewal. This course CANNOT be done home-study and test out.
- THE NAR ETHICS: Review of the articles that make up the NAR Code of Ethics while relating them to the current laws and real world practice. Illinois approved 3-hour elective – #564.002992, #564.002993, #564.003061.
- The NAR Ethics course meets the learning objectives and can be used for the NAR triennial ethics requirement. The current triennial period to complete the course is 1/1/2019 to 12/31/2021.
- TAXES IN REAL ESTATE: In depth look at the taxes that affect ownership of principal residences and investment property including property taxes, capital gains taxes, income taxes, plus strategies for tax deferment and avoidance including 1031 tax free exchanges. Illinois approved 3-hour elective – #564.003110, #564.003111, #564.003112.
- BROKER MANAGEMENT CE (BMCE): Advanced learning and interactive course for all managing broker licensees for the creation, implementation, and practical application of office policies required to operate and manage an office so that those associated with the brokerage know what is acceptable, appropriate, and required. Illinois approved 12-hour mandatory – #564.002991, #564.003341.
- The BMCE course can ONLY be done through online program or class. This course CANNOT be done home-study and test out.
- Order the Sure Win courses at anytime, the coursework and/or exams must be completed by and expire on the following May 1st each year. Once they expire, you must repurchase the course(s) to continue.
- The continuing education required for your license renewal can be completed at any time from May 1st the day after your previous expiration to April 30th the day of the current expiration.
- You cannot take the same license numbered CE course twice in a renewal period for credit. You can take the same course in subsequent renewals for credit.
- CE credits do not roll over, so if you do more than required for any renewal period you CANNOT use them for future renewals.
PRINTED COURSE BOOKS
- Printed books are provided at all in-person classes.
- Printed CE books are available for pickup. Contact Sure Win for times and locations.
- Printed books can be mailed for $15. Go here “Order CE Books to be Mailed” and choose “Mail CE Books = $15.00”
- If you order “I WILL SCHEDULE LATER” or to “RE-SCHEDULE CLASS”, when ready, return to the ordering page with the class schedule, pick the class(es) to attend, and send an email to Support@SureWinCE.com with your choice(s). We will provide you with email confirmation(s).
- SURE WIN allows for one (1) FREE rescheduling of each class. Rescheduling of a class a 2nd time costs $25.
- Two (2) business days and two (2) hours before a class, all registered students will receive a reminder email.
- The course e-book is attached to these emails.
- If you do not get the email two days before the class, send an email to Support@SureWinCE.com so we can verify your email and resend it.
- You will receive a separate email for EACH & EVERY class that you register for.
- NOTE: Outlook and similar program users – if an email ends up in your actual email spam/junk folder, it will not download to Outlook or a similar program. If you do not receive it in these programs, log into your actual email account and check your spam/junk folder.
- For those attending a class by webcast, the link with instructions on how to attend are in the initial email, class reminder emails and the class schedule or reschedule emails.
- You can use the same link for all the classes you will attend.
- Webcast class attendance requires connecting up on an electronic device through a browser that you can use to participate in the class by registering in your name plus being able to submit comments and answers to questions.
- You CANNOT connect up by phone audio only. You are required to participate for the entire class by submitting comments and answering questions.
- You will not get credit for attending if you lack participation for any extended periods of time or the entire class.
- You CANNOT miss any class time. If you do, you will be dropped from the class and must complete the class over again to get credit. NO EXCEPTIONS!
NO FINAL EXAMS
- NO FINAL EXAMS are required for Online Distant Education courses (online coursework that tracks completions).
- Complete the Online Coursework by reading through the course materials and answering questions along the way.
- You can do the course all at one time or at different times.
- Finish all the lessons for a course and you are done. You will receive a Certificate of Completion for that course.
- You will receive a separate certificate of completion for each course completed.
- NO FINAL EXAMS are required for full-verified attendance of a class, in-person or by live webcast. The Sure Win Continuing Education classes (Core, Elective, and Broker Management) are held live at locations throughout Chicagoland and webcast so you can attend from anywhere.
AFTER COMPLETING THE SURE WIN COURSE(S)
- Upon successful completion of your coursework, classes, and exam (whichever are applicable), you will receive a Certificate of Completion by email.
- You will receive one for each course so make sure that you get all of them. They are your official notification of completion in case you get audited.
- If you do not receive them send an email to Support@SureWinCE.com so we can verify your email address and resend.
- The certificates are for your records.
- You DO NOT send them in for/with your renewal.
- They ARE NOT required to renew.
- Once you have completed all your CE, do your License Renewal.
- Upon payment of all fees and successful completion of all the coursework, class time, and exams (whichever are applicable), Sure Win reports your Continuing Education completion(s) to the IDFPR by the 15th of the following month of the completion.