ADDITIONAL MANAGING BROKER LICENSING INFORMATION
SURE WIN MANAGING BROKER COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Complete the 30-hour Topics online coursework then complete the 15-hour Interactive Applied Principles online coursework.
- All coursework must be completed within 9 months from registration.
- We provide an additional 3-month course extension (from the expiration date) for $75.
AFTER COMPLETING THE SURE WIN COURSE(S)
- The real estate state exam is administered by a PSI/AMP. You will schedule with them to take the state exam(s) once the course completions have been reported.
- Sure Win will report the completions upon payment of all fees and successful completion of ALL the required coursework and class time (whichever are applicable), and you have emailed Sure Win your student ID#.
- To register for a student ID# go to PSI Student ID Registration. Once issued, email your assigned student ID# to Support@SureWinCE.com.
- Once Sure Win reports the completions, it takes 1 to 2 business days to process through their system to be able to schedule.
- The current cost to take the exam is $55.
- View/download a PSI Illinois Candidate Handbook here or an e-version is online in the Sure Win courses.
- Upon payment of all fees and successful completion of ALL the required coursework and class time (if applicable), a school transcript is emailed to you.
- Keep this as it is needed when applying for the license after passing the state exam.
- The transcript is not needed to schedule or take the state exam.
- Upon payment of all fees and successful completion of ALL the required coursework and exams, students who have completed the entire Sure Win 45-hour Managing Broker Licensing education program receive a license key to access the full version, with simulations, of the exam prep online program from ExamSmart FREE (regularly $49), to further help you prepare for the State exam.
STATE EXAM AND MOVING FORWARD
- The state exam consists of 2 exams; National Topics and State Topics.
- The National Topics test is 90 multiple choice questions.
- The State Topics test is 40 multiple choice questions.
- You take both with the national exam first then the state exam.
- You need to pass each separately with a score of 75% or better.
- You have 2 years after completing the education and 4 tries to pass them.
- If you pass one test and not the other, only the one failed needs to be taken again.
- If you fail either or both tests 4 times, you need to complete the Managing Broker License education over again to get 4 more tries.
- Once you pass the state exam you receive a pass report, not a license.
- Within 1 year of passing the exam, you need to apply for your Managing Broker License.
- You can apply for your license without being sponsored. Illinois no longer requires association/sponsorship with a sponsoring broker to get or keep a real estate license. Your license will be “Inactive” meaning you CANNOT do any licensed activities or receive any referral fees.
- The cost for the license application is $150 plus $25 for a sponsor card (if needed).